INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We collect and receive information from you in the following ways:
- Information you provide directly through our platforms or via phone, SMS, fax or other medium;
And which may be obtained when you:
- Fill in forms on our platforms;
- Create an account or subscribe or register for a service;
- Enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey;
- Post comments or content on our platforms;
- Purchase one of our products or services;
- Contact us;
- Provide us with information in ways not described in this list.
- Information we collect when you use our platforms, products or services. This type of information is collected by way of cookies, web beacons and other technologies. The information we collect may include:
- Log information (for example, information about your interactions with our platforms and other services you use, the content you view and the search queries you submit);
- Information we infer about you based on your interaction with our products and services;
- Device information (for example, the type of device you are using, how you access our platforms, your browser, your operating system and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address);
- Location information (for example, your device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers) when you use location enabled services.
- Information we collect from third-party sources. We may receive additional information from third-party sources (for example, the social media sites you share content with from our site).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- To communicate with you. We may want to notify you about changes to our Platforms or provide you with informa tion about competitions, products or services that we feel may interest you.
- To be effective and relevant in the services we provide you. We want to ensure that content from our Platforms is presented to you in the most effective manner for you and for the device you use. We also want to provide you with content that you are likely to find relevant and engaging.
- To provide effective advertising. Many of our Platforms are supported by advertising. We want to enhance our users’ experience by serving ads that may be useful to them.
HOW LONG WE STORE THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to other 3rd parties except in the cases where a user registered as a job seeker has responded to a job advert or when our recruiters contact job seekers with job vacancies available. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other 3rd party entities as described in section 3. Such entities and/or business partners, are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data and are bound by the appropriate confidentiality agreements.
We may share information with:
- Our affiliates, in other words, other companies, websites or platforms owned and operated by Ditto Jobs (PTY) Ltd. By sharing this information amongst business units, we may learn more about our customers, allowing us to create a more relevant and engaging customer experience.
- Business partners. We may share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners. This means that we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our business partners (in other words, we do not give them your name and contact details), but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that our members constitute a ratio of 40% men and 60% women). We may also use such aggregate information to help our business partners reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to conduct or protect our Platforms. We may disclose your information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our Platforms. We may also disclose your information during the process of debt collection, or to our attorneys in connection with any potential, threatened or actual litigation, or to our auditors for the purpose of auditing our accounts.
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that we sell any of our businesses or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- Companies that provide services to us. Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have ac cess to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you.
- Third-parties where you provide consent. In some cases, third-parties (often advertisers), may wish to attain information about you in order to promote their products to you, or for whatever other reason. We may share information with third-parties where you provide consent in the form of explicit opt-in. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) an entry into a competition sponsored by a third-party where the provision of your information is a condition for entry to the competition, or where you express your interest in a product or service for which you would like more information.
We will also ensure that your opt-in is explicit and that we provide a clear description of what data would be shared with the third-party. Remember that once you have opted in to allow us to send your information to the third-party, we cannot control what they do with your data; therefore, be sure to investigate their privacy policies before providing permission for us to share your information.
- Other parties that provide content, advertising services, or functionality on our Platforms. Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Platforms may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Such third parties include: advertising providers, which help us and our advertising customers provide ads that are tailored to users’ interests and understand how users respond to those ads; audience-measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our platforms and compare that usage to other online services; and social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) that enable you to register and log into certain of our services and to share things you find on our Platforms with your social network. This is only applicable if you choose to connect with a social networking service; we may provide other registration and login methods.
YOUR CHOICES (OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT)
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
Although no one can guarantee the security of the information collected and received, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure of your information. We will do our best to protect your personal information and we will use up-to-date technology that will help us to do this.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Platforms contain links to and from websites, mobile applications or services of third parties, advertisers or affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other parties and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit that collects personal information.
Ditto is based in South Africa and, regardless of where you use or access our Platforms, products, or services, your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in South Africa (or elsewhere in the world). Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with South African privacy laws, regulations and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Platforms you consent to this collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in South Africa.