Group Relief Duty Manager
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Junior Mid|
|Experience||2 to 4 years|
|Remuneration||R8 000 to R11 200 (Negotiable)|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Client Relations
An eclectic accommodation collection in the vibrant neighbourhood of Cape Town is looking for a passionate Group Relief Duty Manager to support an established team. The ideal candidate would explore all our stunning properties. Let us know if you have what it takes.
CANDIDATE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Matric is essential
- hospitality qualification or 3 years experience as a Duty Manager at a 4* or 5* Hotel.
- years experience working in this position.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand English at a professional level.
- Computer literate (Windows Office – Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Opera.
- General knowledge of HR and the labour law.
- Previous front office management experience essential.
- Familiar with all duties and procedures in Front Office / Reservations Department
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Email) is essential
- Opera experience is essential
- Must have a SA ID
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and own transport
- Reliable, responsible and dependable to fulfil obligations
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to lead, take charge and offer direction
- Ability to multitask
- Show initiative by taking control of task
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and service orientated
Tasks (include but not limited to):
- Ensure smooth operation of the reception area
• Ensure guests are greeted, checked in and allocated apartments / rooms promptly and courteously
• To ensure reservations are taken correctly and courteously
• Ensure credit control procedures are strictly adhered to
• To ensure guest accounts is kept up to date
• Ensure effective and speedy check out facilities
• Ensure collection and delivery of luggage to apartments / rooms are done efficiently
• To ensure that the reception area is correctly managed
• Ensure that the switchboard is efficiently and effectively managed
• Must be willing to work hospitality shifts (weekends and public holidays), hospitality hours and overtime when requested
• Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management
• Ensure that guest house rooms / apartments are serviced and maintained to the standards
• Make sure all front of house areas is clean and tidy at all times
• Ensure the back of house is clean and free of clutter
• Ensure the smooth operation of Housekeeping daily
• Daily spot checks of apartments and rooms to ensure standards
• Checking of all monthly stock takes for amenities, chemicals and linen for Housekeeping
• Reporting and follow up of all maintenance issues pending or outstanding
- Assisting with the overseeing of the maintenance department in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
• Be familiar with the Health & Safety measure of the property
• To ensure regular on-the-job training is training place in your departments
• Ensure dress code of staff is up to standard
• Holding regular performance appraisals with senior staff, identifying areas for development and training needs
• Be readily available to deal with problems and complaints
• To circulate regularly throughout Front of House areas. Maintaining high profile with guests and staff
• Ensure accurate and timeous submission of all reports and administrative work
• Prepare and submit annual budgetary information and updates as required by Financial Manager
• To ensure effective liaison between Reservations & Front Office and other departments (e.g. Housekeeping)
• Act as a Duty Manager when required
• To attend all management meetings as required
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 14 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com