Junior Database Administrator
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||2 to 3 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Database Administration
- Maintain Databases
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
A multi-award-winning financial services firm is looking to hire a Junior Database Administrator to join their team that will be responsible for assisting the upkeep of Production and internal environments including security compliance, working with the Infrastructure team to provision new environments and troubleshooting existing DB related issues.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Database Development (MSSQL) or Database Administration.
- Experience and understanding of database fundamentals.
- Writing and improving T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- PowerShell experience is essential.
- Familiarity with SQL Server integration services, reporting services, and RedGate (or other) tools.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are a must.
- MS Certification would be nice to have.
- Experience with GIT, SourceTree and Bitbucket and advantage.