Principal Systems Engineer
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||10 to 15 years|
|Remuneration||R67 000 to R80 000|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Technical lead on expert level for data centervirtualization services, primarily VMware or Microsoft based, but also other hypervisors.
- Elevated research, design and architecture solutioning capability and skills.
- Unsupervised, responsible for installation and operational support of Virtualization Infrastructure and related back-end systems.
- Advanced solution documentation and drafting skills, including reference architectures, baseline documentation and standards.
- Advanced capacity management and balancing, rightsizing and demand versus supply management.
- Effectively executes all related tasks within the support areas with the focus on SLA management and delivery against these.
- Participation in project planning and implementations
- Experienced with Cloud Platforms
- Matric or Grade 12 or NQF4
- Information Technology - national diploma or bachelor’s degree (optional)
- Relevant Information Technology technical qualification
- ITIL Foundation v3/v4
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant technical experience
- Experience in cloud virtualization industry will be advantageous
- Technical understanding of the industry
- VMware required
- Microsoft Virtualization (Hyper-V) required
- PowerShell required
Our client is one of the largest Oracle Platinum Partners, and they hold a Gold Status Partnership with Microsoft. They offer a complete service in Information and Communications Technology (ICT). They take care of your technology so that your workforce is free to focus on your customers’ needs, build productivity, grow profits, and embark on the journey to Digital Transformation.