LMS Pre-Sales Consultant
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||3 to 5 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Customer Care
The Pre-Sales Consultant is responsible for providing technical solutions to new & existing customers on Learning Management Solutions (LMS) & Learning Content Development, LMS Plugins and API’s, LMS Infrastructure configuration, (Hosting and bespoke solutions).
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a dedicated and friendly team. Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre sales process with customers, the LMS Pre Sales Consultant must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users. Primarily engaged in a presales technical consultancy role, the consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
The candidate should have good interpersonal relations, be client focused, be a team player and have an analytical approach to problem solving.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Take responsibility for the functional and technical architecture of LMS solutions, design and assist in delivery of complex technology solutions – In depth knowledge of Moodle LMS and related plugins and value added products will be advantageous.
- Keep abreast of core LMS technologies as well as ancillary solutions such as proctoring solutions, learning analytics tools, open source and proprietary solutions.
- Undertake assessment of solution options (Scoping, Feasibility, Design, Services Costing, Deliverables, Completion Criteria, etc.)
- Be responsible for approval against functional specifications.
- Work within the business to develop Product Strategy, ensuring technical advances are implemented.
- Be a role model for the Delivery & Support teams by demonstrating leadership as a technical consulting authority and providing the highest standards of quality in solution delivery.
- Conduct product training sessions with clients in the project delivery phase.
- Develop excellent working relationships within the company and with partners, ensuring that company reputation is upheld at all times.
- Work in the Education division and on all LMS related technologies.
- Contribute to Sales documents such as proposals, tenders, RFI’s etc.
- Attend demonstrations, pre-sales requirements capture days with sales.
- Complete sales handover checklists (where appropriate).
- Give technical and product guidance to Sales team and prospective clients.
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to customers and internal stakeholders
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Work with Product Owners and/or DevOps teams to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to Adapt IT
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BTech, IT/Computer science degree or diploma
- Moodle LMS experience and certification is an advantage
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting
- Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs
- Excellent LMS technical skills
- Technical consulting skills
- Comfortable working with hosting technologies - Working knowledge of current security issues and technologies concerning the industry, together with a demonstrable interest in keeping abreast with technical developments in this field.
- Strong communication skills
- Research skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to handle complex problems
- Project management experience a distinct advantage