Senior Oracle Database Administrator
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||4 to 8 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Oracle DB
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle Reports
- Oracle ADF
You will need to be passionate about Oracle, Cloud deployment and Team leadership Skills.
The role involves working within both a technical team and clients where you will be involved with technical consultation.
You’ll be strong technically and be able to challenge anything that would be of risk to the environment - excellent troubleshooting and analytic skills are required for a high-pressured environment where correct decision making is essential.
Your knowledge with Cloud deployment and migration on will be highly beneficial
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Installations, upgrades and configuration of various Oracle related products;
- System performance and availability;
- SQL Performance Tuning;
- Backup and Recovery;
- Patching and maintenance;
- Contribute in developer forums;
- After hours support and standby;
- Capacity management.
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use monitoring tools to analyse and conduct health checks
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for disaster and recovery
- Support software developers with database operations
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Set up and maintain internal infrastructure for internal use
- Assist with transitions from on premises to cloud solutions
- Cloud deployment and migration
- Mentor, train and lead technology services team
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BTech, IT/Computer science degree or diploma
- Oracle certified associate certification
- Minimum 8 years with Oracle Database,
- Minimum 5 years with Oracle WebLogic or Oracle Internet Application Server
- Minimum 5 years Unix skills
- Minimum 2 years as a Team Lead
- Excellent Oracle technical skills
- Technical consulting skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Research skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to handle complex problems
- Excellent Oracle technical product knowledge. Especially in the following products.
- Oracle database, Oracle internet application server or / and Oracle WebLogic.
- Excellent understanding of UNIX / Linux and shell scripting
- System administration UNIX / Linux .
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle application and database patching
- Excellent knowledge of OS patching
- Excellent understanding of implementing backup & recovery procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle performance tuning
- Knowledge installing Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
- Java programming will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and experience using the required technology stack
- Understanding of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team
- Logical approach and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to travel (national and international)
- Good understanding of network and DNS settings
- Proxy configuration skills
- Good understanding of firewall configuration
- Understanding of Oracle licensing rules
- Practical knowledge of backup and recovery mechanisms for database and application