Senior Support Consultant
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||3 to 5 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
DBA Functions within Microsoft SQL Server within the ICAS product at clients and ADAPT IT Education.
The candidate should have good interpersonal relations, be client focused, be a team player and have an analytical approach to problem solving.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Good Microsoft SQL Server product knowledge.
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration (DBA).
- Excellent T-SQL Skills.
- System administration.
- Terminal services
- Excellent understanding of implementing backup & recovery procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of performance tuning for Microsoft SQL Server
- Installing Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team
- Logical approach and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to travel (national and international)
- Required to maintain and debug Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views
- Produce detailed specifications
- Understand and setup SQL Jobs and DTSx jobs
- Good testing skills
- Create Test Cases
- Microsoft Office
- Technical support via our online logging system or telephone.
- Must be able to understand clients’ business operations and how they can best use ICAS software.
- Interpret client needs, plus configure and support the software solutions to an agreed pre-defined blueprint
- Coordinate and provide technical ongoing support to Company systems and reagents: pre-installation, technical installation, configurations, connections, training on customer site
- Identify internal and external customer training needs, evaluation of proposed solutions, development of documentation and implementation plans, and successful execution based on established timelines.
- Complete all project and operational tasks assigned to you by due deadline
- Take ownership of, and motivate, to management and HR, an annual self-enrichment training
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical Support position
- Minimum 5 Years of experience with SQL
- Minimum 5 Years of experience in a Software Support Environment