Senior Oracle Database Administartor
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||4 to 8 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Oracle ADF
- Oracle DB
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle Reports
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Install, maintain, and support of Oracle technology products within the ITS Integrator product at clients and Adapt IT Education.
The candidate should have good interpersonal relations, be client focused, be a team player and have an analytical approach to problem solving.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· Excellent Oracle technical product knowledge. Especially in the following products.
· Oracle database, Oracle internet application server or / and Oracle WebLogic.
· Excellent understanding of UNIX / Linux and shell scripting
· System administration UNIX / Linux.
· Excellent knowledge of Oracle application and database patching
· Excellent knowledge of OS patching
· Excellent understanding of implementing backup & recovery procedures.
· Excellent knowledge of Oracle performance tuning
· Knowledge installing Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
· Java programming will be an advantage
· Strong analytical skills and experience using the required technology stack
· Understanding of working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team
· Logical approach and excellent problem-solving skills
· Must be able to travel (national and international)
· Good understanding of network and DNS settings
· Proxy configuration skills
· Good understanding of firewall configuration
· Understand and implementation of database and application Oracle licensing rules
· Practical knowledge of backup and recovery mechanisms for database and application
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
· BTech, IT/Computer science degree or diploma
· Oracle certification is an advantage
· 5-8 years’ experience
· Excellent Oracle technical skills
· Technical consulting skills.
· Strong communication skills
· Research skills
· Leadership skills
· Ability to handle complex problems