USSD Support Engineer Tester
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||4 to 7 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
The candidate will form part of the USSD Squad and will be responsible for both ongoing 3rd level Support and assisting BA’s and Development team with End to End testing on the USSD Channel. As this is a very busy environment and continuous delivery is expected with frequent deployments He /she could also assist the BA’s with User Requirement Specification (URS) content with respect to technical designs.
He/she will also be expected to provide 3rd level product support when required and will be expected to perform a standby function.
Support functions include applying OS and application patches when and if required.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- OS, network, and application configuration of new systems.
- Maintaining and contributing to system standards.
- Improve the automation of tasks where possible.
- Managing system security.
- Apply OS and application patches where required.
- Capacity and performance management.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches to improving efficiency.
- Provide system and application support.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot End to End call Journey on the System
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- A tertiary Engineering or Computer Science degree.
- A high degree of interest, experience and certification in Linux.
- Shell scripting ability for system administration.
- Linux system administration (RedHat/Centos, Apache/NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB/MongoDB, Bash, Python).
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, SOAP, HTTP, XML, RADIUS, Diameter, SCTP).
Nice To Have
- Telecommunications technologies (SS7, SIGTRAN, MTP, SCCP, TCAP, MAP, CAP, etc).
- Load Balancers, Routers, Firewalls.
- Big Data / Analytics / Monitoring experience using Elastic, Tableau, Grafana, Prometheus.
- OpenStack, KVM, Xen, Vmware, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis.
- Prior experience with testing software such as Selenium etc.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
The Candidate must be able to handle a pressured environment and be able to multi-task. He or She must be able to work independently but also be a strong team player. In addition, the following qualities are also vital:
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Clear Communication skills
- Strong Team player
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure