Junior Data Analyst
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Junior Mid|
|Experience||2 to 4 years|
|Remuneration||R10 000 to R14 000|
- Data Analysis
- MS Excel
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Analyse, develop, maintain and support business by meeting business reporting requirements
Required Minimum Degree:
- B degree IS or Comp Sci; Ndip
Minimum Years Experience:
- 2 Years
- Develop an understanding of business concepts and translate to produce appropriate data
- Understand reporting & operational requirements including business data flow & structures
- Own & manage reporting, incl. building foundational data structures to assist with sharing of data across reports
- Ensure that best practices for data manipulation, ETL, cube development, etc. are adhered to & improved
- Extract, transform and load information (ETL) for both new and existing packages used in operations
- Ensure accuracy of data and be detail centric
- Effectively communicate work/progress with the team and business on a regular basis.
Maintenance and Support:
- Providing support to business by fixing coding errors or other data related problems, as they arise
- Develop technical competence in SSAS – to be able to create and update Cube reports necessary
- Prepare periodic operational reports and provide technical assistance and training to report users
- Support BI and Reporting projects
- Updating of data warehouse data dictionaries
Design and Implementation:
- Analyse, model and interpret data
- Gathering of functional requirement, by work collaboratively with business
- Designing and planning new systems and completing technical specifications
- Develop and implement ETL routines according to the Data Warehouse design and architecture for the business.
- Ensure designs are completed for data extraction efficiency and is optimised
- Understanding and communicating the data requirements to team members
Preparation of manuals, procedures, etc. where necessary to facilitate transparency within the IT team
Research and Development:
Continusouly strive to identify and improve efficiencies by streamlining existing processes and procedures
Project and Team Management:
- Estimate Development Time & provide regular project progress to Line Manager
- Meet milestones
- Performing Code Reviews (SQL, SSIS, etc.)
- Obtaining feedback from users and have regular business interaction
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Planning, tracking and reporting time to be spend on software development of projects, tasks and adhoc requests.
- Implementing controls, procedures and reports as and when requested by Senior Management.
- Implementing and following the company SDLC.
- Implementation of Controls and Standards
- Apply all IT requirements in terms of database policies, deployment requirements and development of life cycle polices
- Perform any other functions over and above the ones listed as requested by Management
- MS SQL
- Experience with extracting data from multiple data sources (ETL)
- Experience working with MS Excel required for data visualisation, formatting, pivots, etc.
- Expertise in dealing with data models, data migration, database design development, etc.
- Experience with data warehouses and cubes
- Solid knowledge and experience using SSIS, SSAS, etc.