Senior Developer USSD
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||5 to 10 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Big Data
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- SOAP UI
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Adapt IT is a steadily growing and innovative ICT company based in South Africa, serving customers in 40 countries in the Manufacturing, Education, Financial Services and Energy sectors.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
· A high degree of interest and experience in Linux.
· Golang, Java, C/C++, Angular/React, and/or Native Script/Ionic development experience.
· Back-end, Middleware, Front-end, and/or Mobile Application development experience.
· Shell scripting ability for system administration.
· Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, SOAP, HTTP, XML, RADIUS, Diameter, SCTP).
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
· Ability to lead a small development team.
· Application and Solution development.
· Maintaining and contributing to system standards.
· Improve the automation of tasks where possible.
· Managing system security.
· Capacity and performance management.
· Research and recommend innovative approaches to improving efficiency.
· Provide system and application support.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
· A tertiary Engineering or Computer Science degree.
· Experience in a Telco or Financial Services environment.
· Linux system administration (RedHat/Centos, Apache/NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, Bash, Python).
· Big Data / Analytics / Monitoring experience using Elastic, Tableau, Grafana, Prometheus.
· Telecommunications technologies (SS7, SIGTRAN, MTP, SCCP, TCAP, MAP, CAP, etc).