|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||3 to 5 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- IT Support
Adapt IT Education is looking for a Technical Consultant to join us in Johannesburg, South Africa in the ICAS team.
In this role you will be responsible for Customer support, Server and SQL Server maintenance, administration, software testing as well as software development.
You will be required to work with members from the Support, Development and Business Development team.
The right candidate needs to be focused and self-driven and team work is extremely important in this role.
As this role requires client support and team work, good communication and interpersonal relations are extremely important.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- T-SQL Development (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views) Maintain, Develop and Enhance
- net Development
- C# Development
- ASP Classic
- API Development and consuming
- Software Testing
- Produce detailed specifications
- Produce detailed Test Cases
- BU reporting when required
- Administration of SQL Server environments
- setup and Maintenance of SQL Jobs and DTSx jobs
- DBA Functions
- Backups Procedures
- Recovering Strategies
- Performance tuning
- Windows Servers Administration. (Live Client Hosted Servers, Internal and Development)
- Terminal services – Setup, Maintenance and Support
- Windows Servers – Setup, Maintenance, Backups and Support
- Veeam Servers – Setup, Maintenance, Backups and Support
- IIS – Setup, Maintenance, Backups and Support
- Backup & recovery procedures.
- Client Student Portals – Setup, Maintenance and Support
- Support (via our online logging system or telephone)
- Product support
- Technical Support
- Client Training (Online or onsite)
- Identify internal and external customer training needs, evaluation of proposed solutions, development of documentation and implementation plans, and successful execution based on established timelines.
- Must be able to understand clients’ business operations and how they can best use ICAS software.
- Interpret client needs, plus configure and support the software solutions to an agreed pre-defined blueprint
- Complete all project and operational tasks in assigned deadlines
- Take ownership own self development plan
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Strong Microsoft SQL Server product knowledge. (Min 5 Years Experience)
- TSQL Development
- SQL Implementations
- SQL Server Maintenance
- SQL DBA Skills
- SQL Jobs
Strong Development Languages skills experience (Min 5 Years Experience)
- ASP Classic
Windows Server Implementation, Administrator and Maintenance (Min 5 Years Experience)
Veeam – Experience / Hosted Servers (Min 5 Years Experience)
Terminal Server Implementation, Administrator and Maintenance (Min 5 Years Experience)
IIS Implementation, Administrator and Maintenance (Min 5 Years Experience)
Client Help desk Consultant experience
Strong analytical skills
Logical approach and excellent problem-solving skills
Excellent Planning skills
Software Testing Skills
Microsoft Office Skills