|Location||Grand Baie, Mauritius|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||5 to 10 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Stock Control
- SAP Logistics
Management of both sea-side and landside operations
- Efficient management of the operations team’s activities
- Oversight of daily tracking reports
- Oversight and management of transporters
- Management of daily document clearing and intervention on delays
- Ensuring commercial invoicing is processed
- Liaison with accounts department on all invoicing and providing logistics support to accounts
- Arranging stock inspections
- Management of all inputs to SAP workflow for each deal
- Oversight and control of historical deals on Monday.com
- Always ensure good client and supplier relations
- Ensuring all deals are closed out at month end
- Ensure timeous submission of all documentation to billing dept
- Follow up on outstanding POD’s
- Generating of PO’s and issue to suppliers
- Assist in month end job card billing process
- Keep management updated of all the Billable work done for the month through updating a spread sheet.
- Ensure contractor HSSE compliance
- Oversight of stock holding throughout the supply chain
- Updating stockholding records
- Processing leave applications
- Management of staff overtime and standby
- Attending to grievances
Tasks to be performed to deliver the required outputs.
Quality client service
- Coordinating of communications through to clients
- Prioritise urgent client requests and follow-ups
- Ensure all client reporting deadlines are met
Provide all information
- Scanning and attaching of paperwork to be completed throughout the month
- Get staff into a regular routine with regards to handing if of paperwork and pods
- Ensure timeous submission of job cards to billing dept, within three days of deal completion
- Follow up on outstanding POD’s
- Follow up and give client constant feedback
- Assist in month end deal billing process
- Constant business support updates and feedback to management
Co-operation with other internal and external parties and identify business growth
- Internal and client stock maintenance
- Responsible for recording and management of stock holding
- Control Stock register
- Ensuring all contractor vehicle and HSSE documentation is compliant
- Ensure loading delays are effectively communicated to both contractors and client
- Management and reporting of any HSSE incidents both internally and externally
Knowledge required doing the job
- Strong administrative background
- Strong Logistics background
- Financial background would advantageous
- PC Literate on SAP an advantage
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software an advantage
- HSSE understanding
Skills / Abilities required doing the job
- Good people skills.
- Good verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to analyse customer needs and devise solutions.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- An ability to handle pressure.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict-handling skills.
Personal attributes required for this job.
- Result driven
- Proactive – self starter
- Strong communicator
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- High stress tolerance
- At least 3 years administrative experience
- 3 years Logistics experience
- Exposure to the mining environment is advantageous
Job specific requirements.
- Requires flexibility to work long hours and after hours.
- Any other instruction handed down by the line manager from time to time.
Mauritian based GBC1 company incorporated in 2015
Trading commodities are extensive and client product offering has grown significantly since inception due to the hands-on approach employed by the company.
Being based close to the largest logistics centre in the Indian Ocean and having a network of logistics and warehouse associates on the African continent, client is a natural partner for any company looking to import to, or export from, the African continent.