|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||5 to 8 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Database Administration
An online casino technology and services company is looking to hire a Database Administrator into their global IT team.
The database specialist will help grow and improve their systems as well as expand their system to many more services and many more databases.
- At least 5 years’ experience administering Oracle databases – installation, configuration, backups, monitoring etc.
- Excellent PL/SQL coding experience
- A good knowledge of SQL performance tuning
- Experience of migrating production databases while minimizing downtime
- Knowledge and experience in Linux server administration
- At least a little experience in PostgreSQL with the desire to learn more
- A proactive approach to improving databases as part of a DevOps culture
- The ability to turn business questions into well-performing database queries
- Familiarity with PAAS environments such as AWS
- Familiarity with administration of PostgreSQL databases
- Experience using automated configuration/deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Docker