Azure Systems Engineer
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||5 to 10 years|
|Remuneration||R700 000 to R850 000|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
|Benefits||Medical Aid Contribution; Provident Fund Contribution; Annual Bonuses|
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Integration Services
- Cloud Computing
Senior Azure Systems Engineer
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Microsoft Azure Engineer, to assist the Cloud Technology Director with the roll out of new Azure systems across the Group. In this role you will have responsibility for all things Azure, an investment made in the interest of maintenance, advancement, exchanging, and improving the long-term performance of the existing systems. In addition to Azure based systems, you will hold responsibility for a multitude of subscriptions and technologies, keeping your focus varied and at the cutting edge.
- To manage the Azure platform – implementation and maintenance
- Ensure optimum Azure performance
- Budgetary responsibility – providing solutions where possible
- Work closely with business functions to ensure best performance and functionality
- Manage automation and scripting
- Responsible for Disaster recovery management, docs and procedures
- 5+ Years Certified: MCSE Infrastructure Engineer.
- Azure Implementation Industry Certified
- 3 + years Certified: MCSE Private Cloud
- 2+ years Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure
- 5 - 10 years deep knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- 5 - 10 years proven history of Root Cause Analysis (RCA), diagnostics, Corrective Action Planning and implementation, advanced troubleshooting
- 3 - 5 years experience in documenting environment and processes
Knowledge and Skills
- 3 - 5 years expertise in "cloud"
- 5 - 10 years Microsoft Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, etc) fundamentals
- 5 - 10 years virtualisation technologies knowledge, strong understanding of fundamentals and concepts
- 5 - 10 years network and storage principles
Our client is a hugely successful, and globally recognized leader in FMCG. You will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of commerce, in a business paving the way for innovation and success in the African markets.