Data Engineer (Tech Lead)
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||5 to 8 years|
|Remuneration||R125 000 to R140 000|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Big Data
- Extract Transform Load (ETL)
Large corporate FMCG/retail brand seeks to employ a highly skilled Data Engineer (Tech Lead) for their Cape Town Branch.
The successful candidate MUST be AWS Certified, have team management experience and have vast experience in data/software engineering.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you haven't received a response within 2 weeks
- Facilitate in gathering data from a variety of different sources, in the correct format, assuring that it conforms to data quality standards and assuring that downstream users can get to that data timeously
- Responsible for the infrastructure that provides insights from raw data, handling and integrating diverse sources of data seamlessly
- Enable solutions, by handling large volumes of data in batch and real-time by leveraging emerging technologies from both the Big Data and cloud spaces
- Additional responsibilities include developing proof of concepts and implementing complex Big Data solutions with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualising large datasets
- Apply suitable technologies to solve the problems of working with large volumes of data in diverse formats to deliver innovative solutions.
- A minimum of 5 years solid experience working in the same role
- Big Data
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/computer engineering
- AWS Certification - associate level