Senior Manager Oracle Technical Services
|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||5 to 8 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Oracle DB
- Oracle Reports
- Oracle Forms
- IT Management
- Team Leadership
- Team Management
The overall management and control of resources to provide high quality, efficient and cost-effective Oracle technical services to all AdaptIT divisions and their customers.
The role will require collaboration with clients and internal stakeholders to understand their needs and goals, as well as a thorough knowledge of the relevant technologies and support requirements.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Manages personnel to ensure they achieve optimum performance and participates in the planning and implementation of the future direction of the division
Planning and oraganization
- Compile technical services team budget and monitor on an ongoing basis, providing regular feedback to divisional management
- Ensure that the margins on support retainers meet set targets
- Ensure that the margins on Oracle and 3rd party software sales meet set targets
- Manage technical services team capacity and resource scheduling to meet stakeholder requirements. Oversee release and change management planning for all supported Adapt IT products.
- Structured management cadence (regular staff meetings and reviews)
- Ensure that all staff have appropriate KPI’s and personal development plans
- Establishes performance standards; communicates and translates vision into actionable results.
- Provides ongoing performance feedback, applies progressive discipline and obtains permission to terminate employees when required.
- Identify talent and develop training plans and acquisition of resources for staff to ensure knowledge remains current and that staff grow their expertise
- Employment equity targets to be pursued in all recruitment activity within scope of control
- Provide Oracle technology business advisory consulting to clients
- Oversee internal and client technical training and/or consulting needs for technical software within scope of control.
- Prepare quotations and business proposals.
- Ensure technical documentation is maintained.
Oversee technical project delivery and ensure project delivery targets and margins are met.
- Active engagement with strategic customers in support of account management processes
- Customer reporting, communication and site visits
- Coordinate team allocations for 1st and 2nd line, and afterhours support
- Manage resolution of incidents and problems within SLA
- Ensure proactive monitoring and maintenance tasks on supported infrastructure is executed according to schedule
- Ensure product and infrastructure changes to site follow established change management processes
- Provision of development environments for product development teams
- Provide regular written and verbal reporting of service delivery to the divisional management
- Responsible for definition, implementation and maintenance of the procedures as defined in the master control list of documents.
- Responsible for ensuring that all procedures are followed within the team.
- Ensure audit requirements are met
- Identify and pursue opportunities to extend our services to current and new clients.
- Assist with the development of marketing strategies and sales plans to achieve sales targets.
- Review customer technology roadmaps and identify technology upgrade and license sales opportunities.
- Maintain understanding of current technologies through continuing education, reading, participation in professional conferences, workshops and other groups.
- Review technical services offerings to meet customer demands and identify new offerings that can be taken to market
Software Licence Management
- Keep up-to-date with Oracle partnership requirements and licensing rules.
- Manage annual renewal and new sales of Oracle and 3rd party software licenses deployed internally and at customer
- Manage risks and liabilities associated with sales and renewals of Oracle and other 3rd party software through regular reviews of internal and customer licensing and compliance
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- 8+ years IT infrastructure management experience
- 5+ years technical and Oracle experience in the business environment in which the system is used
- Appropriate Degree/ Diploma
- Provide leadership and direction
- Strong technical skills, the ability to analyse business requirements and to propose different solutions
- Strong verbal communication and client interaction skills and the ability to facilitate workshops.
- Skilled in writing business documents (including sales proposals, reports and business cases)
- Ability mentor and coach others
- Ability to manage technology risks
- Knowledge of organizational budgeting
- Knowledge of staff competencies and implementation of strategy
- Understands the principles and practices of IT service management
- Broad understanding of the underlying technology supported by the team
- Broad understanding of the Oracle partnership and Oracle licensing
- Understands how to be involved at a strategic level in business processes.
- Broad understanding of the deployed solutions supported by the team
- Familiar with common project management practices (PMBOK or similar)
- Familiar with risk management disciplines
- Broad knowledge of AdaptIT products, services and strategic objectives