|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||4 to 10 years|
|Remuneration||R40 000 to R55 000|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- RESTful Services
We exist to help people and business from all walks of life to achieve their most important financial goals and aspirations.
We offer our tech community a friendly work environment, real flexibility and a dedicated focus in the way we work, learn and grow. We are adopting increasingly adaptive agile work principles and exploring agile at scale for our large company consisting of various businesses and brands. We are launching guilds to define tech disciplines in the broader ecosystem and embarking on learning as a way to future-proof our business and tech communities.
Develop, maintain and support a portfolio of software applications and services to ensure improved business efficiencies and that are aligned to the enterprise architecture and business strategy.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Conduct an analysis based on requirements received from the Business Analyst.
- Translate business requirements into workable solutions and document solution into technical specifications.
- Determine a percentage fit of required functionality and the best approach in terms of impact of developments on other modules and/ or customizations already in place
- Develop required functionality obtained in the functional specifications/user stories
- Develop and code new software functionality using codes that is readable, maintainable and re-usable.
- Provide scrum master, business analysts and testers with regular feedback on the technical development design and timelines for a solution.
- Developing, testing and deploying new software system components
- Review the current developed code and ensure maintenance of existing programmes to ensure ongoing software system enhancements.
- Co-create test cases with the DevOps team.
- Conduct System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and resolve all issues/queries.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing (UAT) and training material.
- Identify solutions based on UAT test requirements.
- Migrate development into production/live environment once successfully tested.
- Monitor performance of solutions and make recommendations to improve the performance and
functionality of the solution.
- Log issues found in existing systems as internal change controls and ensure successful resolution of issues.
- Maintain, trouble shoot and fix errors in existing application systems offered across all the modules. This includes all interfaces, Integration, REST Services etc.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders based on their requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bsc or IT related degree
- Extensive Experience with RESTful Services and APIs (will be advantageous)
- Extensive experience in Responsive and Mobile Design is required.
- Cross-Browser Development
- Knowledge of the Software Development lifecycle and agile methodology