Wheat trade analyst /Wheat trade support
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Junior Mid|
|Experience||3 to 5 years|
|Remuneration||R30 000 to R40 000 (Negotiable)|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
Sal neg per annum depending on your qualifications and experience
- Post-graduate Degree
- Preferred subjects: Agricultural Economics OR Bcom or similar with a solid understanding of financial and statistical analysis
- Geographic Information Systems skills preferred
- Strong numeracy skills and very analytical approach necessary
- Excellent communication skills ( written, and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment with multi-tasking skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including good Excel skills
- Preference will be given to individuals with exposure to the grain( agri soft commodity ) industry
Perform a variety of support tasks and back up for the Traders including:
- Technical and Fundamental analysis and price forecasts.
- Macro Analysis.
- Industry related information and analysis.
- Up to date analysis on market news, price trends (technical analysis), and supply & demand fundamentals;
- Analysis of market prices in Futures, FX and cash markets.
- Daily market reports
- Reuters analysis of prices and market information
- Automating processes in VBA/Excel to aid traders in spotting price opportunities
- Daily reporting of prices to traders/clients
- Monitoring weather in key crop regions, assessing crop outlooks, El Nino observations, long-term weather patterns, storm tracking;
- Monitoring fund movements in US & European and other markets
- Support trading teams with market research as required
- Hedging assistance and identification of potential speculative positions
- Reuters Eikon user, Eikon Excel file creation and modification
- Local crop estimates vs overseas crop estimates for wheat .
( construct own balance sheet)
- Data collection
- Capturing and processing information for the purpose of statistical, geospatial and quantitative analysis .Knowledge in GIS, Stata and Matlab would be very useful
- Writing of frequent reports for internal and market use
- Produce Trend analyses
- Provide Regional supply and demand stats for basis trading
- Crop production research
- Climate research
From time to time may also be required to assist logistics department with Shipping line-ups and Freight Market updates
Travel : Successful candidates will be required to travel internationally to see farmers and customers and suppliers and develop professional relationships and perform site inspections at short notice for long or short periods
Direct Reporting: Managing director but also reporting to the traders.
If you have not received feedback within two weeks please presume your application has been unsuccessful