By connecting, you agree to the Terms and Conditions
Senior IOS Engineer
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Experience||4 to 6 years|
|Remuneration||R60 000 to R80 000|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- UX / UI
ARE YOU A SENIOR IOS ENGINEER?
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the flagship iOS app for our client. You will work closely with product managers to ensure that features are planned and delivered on schedule, and with the Android developers to ensure that the mobile apps maintain feature parity. Their teams are small and focused, and each person plays a vital role. You will be instrumental in determining the technical and visual aspects of the mobile app, while at the same time carrying the responsibility of delivering the app to meet requirements on fixed deadlines.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Write code fluently in Swift 4 (and/or 5).
• Implement non-trivial user interfaces using auto-layout.
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data using CoreData in a multithreaded environment.
• Understand capabilities and constraints of the iOS SDK (iOS 10 through 12).
• Use concurrency (multi-threading) safely and effectively in iOS applications.
• Interact with web APIs (fetch, manipulate, store, and send data to and from web APIs).
• Develop custom UI (using UIKit and CoreAnimation), and database models.
• Submit apps to the App Store and maintain App Store listings.
• Develop apps that adhere to the Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines.
• Record work activity using a task tracking system.
• Produce work according to a fixed schedule.
• Conduct testing and quality assurance on your code before shipping.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS THAT WOULD BE A PLUS
• Experience using a third party mobile database (e.g. Realm, Mongo, Firebase).
• Experience using low level graphics APIs (e.g. CoreGraphics).
• Experience working on a cross-platform product. Knowledge of Android UI/UX.
• Experience using a design system (e.g. Material Design).
• Experience using third party analytics (e.g. Firebase, Flurry).
• Experience designing APIs.
• Experience deploying apps to the App Store.
• Experience with systems design (designing systems for reliability, scalability
• Experience working in cross-skilled teams, aggregating different information
sources (project management, backend, frontend, UI).
• Experience using a task tracking system (e.g. Jira, Trello, Asana).
• Experience writing unit and UI tests (e.g. XCTest)
• Understanding of security on iOS (TLS, KeyChain, encryption, code signing).
• Knowledge of UI design patterns (MVP, VIPER, MVVM, MVC).
• Experience with functional reactive programming (RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa,
• Understanding of push notifications.
• Experience with code performance optimisation.
• You've worked in or near the events sector. Heck, you’ve gone to an event and
used a provided app or other form of event technology. One thing that makes
eventcloud different is that we understand our clients’ world. We started there.
And we want to ensure that maintain that connection (in every part of our
REQUIRED PERSONALITY TRAITS
CRITICAL TO THIS ROLL
• Communicate clearly and effectively.
• Work well with others.
• Professional conduct at all times.
• Display exceptional discipline in the workplace.
DESIRABLE PERSONALITY TRAITS
HELPFULL TO HAVE FOR TO THIS ROLL
• Autonomous / proactive / self starter / self managed.
• Malleable / adaptive.
• Desire to excel.
• Continually learning.
NOTE: When applying, please include links to previous works or your github
account. Please describe your role and contribution to these projects.