Business Development support officer
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Seniority Level||Mid Senior|
|Experience||3 to 5 years|
|Remuneration Type||Cost to company|
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
This new role of Business development support officer is to successfully manage the development and execution of Sales & Marketing strategies and also initiatives of the business development team in the Public Sector Division.
The individual will be the main point of contact in the daily management of sale & marketing requirements for the business units in this division, while integrating with the overall group. He/she needs to adopt a client-centric attitude in ensuring the delivery of sales support to the business unit.
The individual needs to be a motivated, energetic self-starter who can easily grasp the scope of work and execute requirements, under minimal supervision. The individual should be able to work within a team and effectively project manage key role-players and suppliers to ensure the overall successful delivery of the team`s deliverables.
As a support officer, the individual should best represent the Public Sector within the Adapt IT group and ensure the consistent and correct brand message, CI and product/solution value propositions are driven in the market to generate effective ROI.
The candidate should demonstrate professionalism and confidence in dealing with the executive and senior management in Adapt IT and presenting at management level. The individual should be versatile, dynamic and a creative problem solver willing to ensure the business unit`s client satisfaction.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Keep?up?to?date?on?developments, trends?and?competitive?threats?within?the?assigned?territory of?the?Group?
- Assist the team to generate?leads?in?the?assigned?territory?by?prospecting?at?management?and?operational?level with?target?customers?and?through?liaising?with?partners?and?suppliers.
- Ensure?sufficient?personal?activity?is?maintained?in?terms?of general
- and generate?demand?for solutions?and?related?services.
- Assist to produce?compelling?value?propositions?for?proposals?with?the?Bid Office?team?
- Effectively?manage?the?sales?cycle on CRM?in?terms?of?the?defined?sales?process.?
- Report?on?prospective?business and?sales?pipeline?activity of the team
Client Service Management and Sales Enablement:
- Understand the Divisions environments and the principles of Client Relationship Management in alignment with the Marketing way of work
- Understand the different divisions Sales and other strategies, target audiences, products/solutions in order to translate and package them effectively in Marketing collateral
- Work with the divisions to develop Go-to- Market messaging and key value propositions
- Ensure that Marketing initiatives are aligned to assisting the divisional in achieving agreed and tangible ROI (in terms of lead generation to build sales pipelines and share of voice/earned media coverage) and reporting on ROI achievements
- Remain updated on industry trends, news, research and other insights that impact the division`s marketing plans.
- Anticipate risks to the divisions marketing plans and proactively plan corrective actions
Project/Campaign Management and Administration
- Coordinate Public Sector activities in line with the government procurement processes
- Develop and update Project and Campaign Plans on a continuous basis to plan work so that maximum efficiency is obtained
- Effectively preparing and presenting briefs to the sales team members and external suppliers on all projects to be executed, as per the approved plans and budgets
- Continuously structure work in an organised and effective manner
- Prioritise the workload and team support in order of importance in an efficient and organised manner
- Complete comprehensive Status Reports, Post project/campaign evaluation reports, Media coverage reports, and any other reporting required
- Monthly reporting on lead, opportunity and deal tracking on the CRM system
- Ensure timely approvals are obtained prior to execution from the Group Executive and divisional units (where required)
- Be instrumental in competitive planning to ensure optimizing Reach and Frequency of creative messaging
- Effectively negotiate supplier costs and sponsorship rates on planned activities
- Continuously update the Adapt IT CRM tool and tracking all Sales initiatives against the new leads generated, contacts, opportunities and deals closed
- Managing client database of the division and the accuracy of information
- Maintain the agreed personal development plan
Core Job Related Behaviors Sales
- Sound business acumen
- Proven ability to develop client base
- Proven ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Persuasiveness and influence
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven ability to close deals
- Proven ability to set and reach stretch targets
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BComm Marketing degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Sales & Marketing role
- At least 2 years sales?experience?within?the?ICT Industry
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Willing to travel if required
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Creative problem solver
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team
- Presentation skills
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrate professionalism, ownership and accountability
- Financially astute
- Effective time, deadline and priority management
- Ability to negotiate and secure buy-in from other stakeholders
- Energetic and willing to learn